1) Tuesday was when he had the fluid build up aroung his left lung so they sent him to the 5th floor and they inserted a tube to drain it off.
2) Wednesday he was looking and feeling much better. They moved him back up to the 6th floor that afternoon with the tube still in place. He lost some weight since he had so much fluid drained off of him. I think he was about 8lbs. 13 oz that night. That night, Ryan was with him and Ryan called me to tell me that Reed's heart rate went to 75 and stayed there for about 5 minutes. They did an EKG and everything looked fine. I worried all night about Reed because when we checked on him in the middle of the night, his heart had done that a couple other times.
3) Thursday morning, Ryan got to the hospital and Reed's heart went really high to about 175. Remember that his normal range is from 120-140's. Thursdays are echo days anyways so the doctor did an echo on his heart and it looked as it always does, great! The doctors discussed everything and believe that this is all due to draining off excess fluid which then caused his electrolytes to be out of whack! If you don't know, your electrolytes have a direct effect on the heart and its function. Can you see why I was a little stressed?!?
4) Thursday night, Dr. Dodd and Dr. Fish both reviewed his heart rates from the previous days and believe that this is all normal and not anything to be overly concerned about! Yea!!! They did give him a dose of steriods, precautionary, to make sure that this was not a mild case of rejection.
5) Friday, I got to hold Reed all morning and he was looking great! They have not resumed his feedings because they are getting his fluid levels back in check. Please pray that Reed will do well with his feedings and keep them down when they start them back. Thanks to Reed's care partner, Mrs. Dana, for giving him the best little baths. Mrs. Dana just loves all over Reed when she is there. She even spent time rocking him this morning before we got there. She cleans every little crevice of his body....I am learning what terrible baths that I have been giving Braden!
Mrs. Dana calls this his beauty parlor look!!!
I have to give a special thank you to the Larry and Connie Evans family for these precious sweaters. I absolutely love them! I cannot wait for Reed and Braden to wear these next winter. They are going to be little pimps with these sweater on! Isn't the monogram so cute with the W in the background. Mr. Larry and Mrs. Connie, we miss you guys being in Nashville and cannot wait for you to meet Reed and Braden when you come visit. Thank you!!!!
Thanks Mandi for letting us borrow this playmat. Braden loves playing on this! I think our boys are going to be Polo boys just like their dad! Thank goodness TJ Maxx carries Polo for little boys!