Well, I am currently on moderate bed rest. I went to the doctor this past Tuesday and Reed measured 5 lbs 14 oz. and Braden 5 lbs. 2 oz. A doctor that I do not normally see said that we should go ahead and deliver since I was 37 weeks and 2 days and the boys growth was slowing down some. I didn't really agree with this but who can argue with a doctor. Well to make a long story short, we went to the hospital and they put me on monitors and an IV. Before they were going to induce me, Reed's cardiologist along with my normal doctor that I have been seeing agreed that we would be better off waiting since I am the best incubator there is for these boys.
Reed needs to be placed on medicine for a week before they perform his surgery. If we would have delivered this past Tuesday, he would have had surgery today b/c the surgeon is going to Kenya tomorrow. So, if I can keep these boys in me until Sunday or later then that would be perfect for Reed's surgery since his surgeon will be back Monday, November 17th.
I am not going to the doctor every 3 days to get ultrasounds done. We went today and everything looked great for both boys. The do what is called a BioPhysical Profile(BPP) which is where they check blood flow through the placenta, heart rate, movement, breathing, amniotic fluid, etc... They both scored 10 out of 10. We will go back on Sunday to have another BPP. Please pray that Reed and Braden will hang in there until next week. Thanks and sorry for the long post with no pictures!! My camera is already packed in our hospital bag:-)