Sunday, November 09, 2008

Past Showers...35 weeks pregnant

Laura Karkau and Mandi Terry hosted a book shower for me on October 23. What a great idea for a shower! Reed and Braden received tons of great books and I cannot wait to be able to read these to them! The shower theme was chocolate! They had a chocolate fountain, cupcakes, cookies, mints, etc... The table and decorations looked so cute.
This is me at 35 weeks and 4 days. This sweater is stretched to its max!
The next day, I had a shower given by the math department at Belmont. I got so many thoughtful and practical gifts! A lot of these ladies I have known since I was 5 yrs. old because my mom taught here for 20+ years. They are all like family to me.
Here is one of the blankets that Joyce knitted for the boys. The other one coordinates with this one but it is blue with a yellow border. I cannot imagine the time that went into making these and I greatly appreciate them!

Another handmade gift was knitted booties for the boys. These are so cute and so tiny. Joan started making these when she found out we were having 2 boys. I cannot wait to put them in these cute little shoes!

No comments: