Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Firsts....

This past week was filled with a lot of firsts for the boys. Here are a few of them:
1) My First Bottle - This was the first time we tried feeding Reed. He is fed all of his nutrients through an line that goes into his bloodstream. He tolerated this okay but has been spitting up some here lately after we feed him. I am sure this might be an issue once he gets his new heart but this is the
least of my worries:-)
2) First time in bed with my brother where he has to "dress" like me! A big bunch of babies!!!
My friends that are with me every day...Fernando, the horse, and the monkey that has no name
3) First picture with Santa and Mrs. Claus

4) My first time to dress like Braden with real clothes on!
Yea for Reed!!!! Keep staying healthy while you wait for a new heart!!

Reed was moved up on the list today for what size heart he can receive. He can now accept a heart that that is from a child weighing 10 kilos which is about 22 pounds. This is great because it just widens the group that he can receive a heart from. The doctors are very encouraged by Reed's health and they are waiting for a healthy heart. Please continue to pray that Reed will remain healthy while he waits and that his heart will come soon!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keeley, what sweet pictures of the boys! And you look great, too! I'm sure the wait for the heart is very difficult, but I am glad to know Reed is doing so well. We continue to keep you in our prayers.

andrea said...

Beautiful pics Keeley...love the pic with the Claus' :)

The Speck family said...

Those boys are SO adorable~ I smile every time I see them lying there together. We continue to pray for a heart for sweet Reed~ he is such a strong litle fighter. Much love and prayers, Kelly, Travis & Bennett

joyce klein said...

SO PRECIOUS, I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND THAT A HEART SOON COMES FOR REED. WE CONTINUE TO KEEP YOU ALL IN OUR PRAYERS

Natalie Church said...

That is good news!! The boys do look so sweet together! Have a Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Keeley,

Thanks for the Christmas card! Great news about the range of heart Reed can accept. We are still praying earnestly for Reed and your family. Hope you had a great Christmas,

Eric

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys have had a big week! Love the new pics! :)

mkburcham said...

That is wonderful news..I keep praying! I love the new pics of the boys together..they sure are cuties! Jonas has that same onsie with the stripes.. I hope ya'll had a Merry Christmas! Love you!